General Meeting Minutes for 1966
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Mechanical Engineering Building, Imperial College, London, at 2.15 p.m. on Thursday, 31st March, 1966.
Professor J G Clunie was in the chair.
- The minutes of the 1965 General meeting were read and approved.
- The accounts of the 17th Colloquium were approved.
- Professor J D Weston invited the Colloquium to hold its next meeting at Swansea. The invitation was accepted "with acclamation".
- Professor A W Goldie was elected to the Committee.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet at 8.30 p.m. in the small Senior Common Room.
- The chairman put the following motion to the General meeting: 'In the coming year negotiations should take place between representatives of the L.M.S. and the B.M.C. to draw up an agreement for linking the two institutions'. Professor G Higman, on behalf of the L.M.S. supported the motion. The motion was accepted unanimously.
Minutes signed by J D Weston (undated).