Twyford, Hampshire

Twyford House, Twyford, was owned by Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St. Asaph. In 1768, Benjamin Franklin came here and wrote the first part of his Autobiography. [Eastman, p.202; B. Bailey, p.90]

To see an Ordnance Survey map click at THIS LINK


Gazetteer Index Main MacTutor index

An extract from The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles created by David Singmaster

The original site is at THIS LINK