References for Modern light
- R Baierlein, Newton to Einstein (Cambridge. 1992).
- A Einstein, Lens-like action of a star by the deviation of light in the gravitational field, Science 84 (1936), 506-507
- J Eisenstaedt, Dark bodies and black holes, magic circles and Montgolfiers : light and gravitation from Newton to Einstein, in Einstein in context (Cambridge, 1993), 83-106.
- J Hendry, The development of attitudes to the wave-particle duality of light and quantum theory, 1900-1920, Ann. of Sci. 37 (1) (1980), 59-79.
- J Illy, Lenin, the electromagnetic form of light and the theory of relativity (Czech), in Revolutionary developments in the field of science and engineering, Conf., Liblice, 1979 (Prague, 1980), 35-38.
- H Konno, Bohr's search for the quantum theory of dispersion : the number of dispersion electrons, absorption and emission of light and the oscillator model. Discovery of energy quanta and development of early quantum theory, Historia Sci. (2) 10 (2) (2000), 163-176.
- J Renn, T Sauer and John Stachel, The origin of gravitational lensing. A postscript to Einstein's 1936 Science paper: "Lens-like action of a star by the deviation of light in the gravitational field", Science 275 (5297) (1997), 184-186.
- J Stachel, Einstein's light-quantum hypothesis, or why didn't Einstein propose a quantum gas a decade-and-a-half earlier?, in Einstein: the formative years, 1879-1909 (Boston, MA, 2000), 231-251.