References for Howard Aiken
Version for printing
- Biography in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- I B Cohen, Howard Aiken: Portrait of a Computer Pioneer (MIT Press, 1999).
- An Interview with Richard Bloch conducted by William Aspray on 22 February 1984 at Newton, MA, Charles Babbage Institute, Center for the History of Information Processing University of Minnesota.
- An Interview with Robert Hawkins conducted by William Aspray on 20 February 1984 at Barnstable, MA, Charles Babbage Institute, Center for the History of Information Processing University of Minnesota.
- An Interview with Robert V D Campbell conducted by William Aspray on 22 February 1984 at Barnstable, MA, Charles Babbage Institute, Center for the History of Information Processing University of Minnesota.
- F G Ashurst, Howard Aiken, in Pioneers of computing (London, 1983), 109-111.
- Biography of Howard Aiken, History of Computers.
- H Brooks et al., Speeches delivered at the memorial ceremony for Howard Hathaway Aiken (Harvard University Press, New Haven, 1973).
- I B Cohen, Babbage and Aiken: with notes on Henry Babbage's gift to Harvard, and to other institutions, of a portion of his father's difference engine, Annals of the history of computing 10 (1988), 171-193.
- I B Cohen, Howard H Aiken and the computer, A history of scientific computing (New York, 1990), 41-52.
- Howard Hathaway Aiken, Harvard University Gazette 69 (37) (1974).
- Howard H Aiken, Built Computer; Developer of the Mark I Dies - Was Harvard Professor Taught Until 1961 Human Factors Cited, New York Times (March 16, 1973).
- Howard Aiken, Engineering and Technology History Wiki.
- Howard H Aiken. 1964 Harry H Goode Memorial Award Recipient, IEEE Computer Society.
- Howard Aiken and the Harvard Mark I, I Programmer.
- H Jones, Howard Hathaway Aiken, The History of Computing Project.
- J A N Lee, Howard Hathaway Aiken, in International Biographical Dictionary of Computer Pioneers (Taylor & Francis, 1995), 9-20.
JOC/EFR February 2016
The URL of this page is: