George Peacock, the algebraist and member of the Analytical Society, was Dean of Ely from 1839, and is commemorated in the Cathedral.
When the Cathedral was restored c. 1870, the architect, Sir Gilbert Scott, installed a pavement maze of his own design under the west tower, the only cathedral maze in Britain.
See THIS LINK
To see an Ordnance Survey map click at THIS LINK
|Previous entry||Next entry|
|Gazetteer Index||Map form of the Gazetteer index|
|Main MacTutor index|
An extract from The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles created by David Singmaster
The original site is at THIS LINK