References for Hugh Alexander
- Biography by Harry Golombek, rev. Ralph Erskine, in Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford, 2004).
See THIS LINK.
- H Golombek and W R Hartson, The best games of C H O'D Alexander (1976).
- W H Watts (ed), The Book of the Nottingham International Chess Tournament 10th to 28 August 1936 (London, 1937).
- R Erskine, Kriegsmarine short signal systems - and how Bletchley Park exploited them, Cryptologia 23 (1) (1999), 65-92.
- S Milner-Barry, Memoir, in H Golombek and W R Hartson, The best games of C H O'D Alexander (1976), 1-9.