References for Francesco Cantelli
- M Benzi, Un probabilista neoclassico: Francesco Paolo Cantelli, Historia Mathematica 15 (1) (1988), 53-72.
- M Benzi, Uncertainties and controversies: the debate about logic and probability in Italy in the early twentieth century (Italian), Historia Math. 22 (1) (1995), 43-63.
- Francesco Paolo Cantelli, Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani 18 (Rome, 1975), 244-246.
- G Fenaroli, F Furinghetti and A M Somaglia, Works on probability theory published in Italian journals in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries (Italian), in Conference on the History of Mathematics, Cetraro, 1988 (EditEl, Rende, 1991), 105-141.
- G Ottaviani, Francesco Paolo Cantelli, Giornale Istituto Italiano degli Attuari 29 (1966), 179-190.
- E Regazzini, Theory and calculus of probabilities, in Italian mathematics between the two world wars, Milan/Gargnano, 1986 (Pitagora, Bologna, 1987), 339-386.
- E Regazzini, Probability theory in Italy between the two world wars. A brief historical review, Metron 45 (3-4) (1987), 5-42.
- E Regazzini, Probability and statistics in Italy during the First World War I: Cantelli and the laws of large numbers, Electronic Journal for History of Probability and Statistics 1 (1) (2005).
- E Seneta, On the history of the strong law of large numbers and Boole's inequality, Historia Math. 19 (1) (1992), 24-39.