References for John Colson
- Biography by J J Tattersall, in Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford, 2004).
See THIS LINK.
- S E Brydges, Restituta: or Titles, Extracts, and Characters of Old Books in English Literature, revived, Volume 4 (Longman, 1816).
- W W Rouse Ball, A history of the study of mathematics at Cambridge (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1889).
- J Stedall, From Cardano's Great Art to Lagrange's Reflections: Filling a Gap in the History of Algebra (European Mathematical Society, Zurich, 2011).
- R Bruen, John Colson, The Lucasian Chair of Mathematics at Cambridge University.
- J Gascoigne, Sensible Newtonians: Nicholas Saunderson and John Colson, in Kevin C Knox and Richard Noakes (eds.), From Newton to Hawking. A history of Cambridge University's Lucasian professors of mathematics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2003), 171-204.
- S I B Gray and T Malakyan, The Witch of Agnesi. A lasting contribution from the first surviving mathematical work written by a woman: a commemorative on the 200th anniversary of her death, College Math. J. 30 (4) (1999), 258-268.
- W Johnson, Contributors to Improving the Teaching of Calculus in Early 19th-Century England, Notes and Records of the Royal Society of London 49 (1) (1995), 93-103.