References for Francis Galton
- N T Gridgeman, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
See THIS LINK.
- Biography in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- Times obituary, January 1911
- M Crackanthorpe, Letter to the Times, January 1911
- D W Forrest, Francis Galton : the life and work of a Victorian Genius (London, 1974).
- F Galton, Memories of my life (London, 1908).
- K Pearson, The Life, Letters, and Labours of Francis Galton (London, 1914-30).
- R E Fancher, Galton on examinations : an unpublished step in the invention of correlation, Isis 80 (303) (1989), 446-455.
- P J FitzPatrick, Leading British statisticians of the nineteenth century, Journal of the American Statistical Association 55 (1960), 38-70.
- P J FitzPatrick, Leading British statisticians of the nineteenth century, in M G Kendall and R L Plackett (eds.), Studies in the History of Statistics and Probability II (London, 1977), 180-212.
- R W Morgan, Sir Francis Galton (1822-1910), in Some nineteenth century British scientists (Oxford, 1969), 65-95.
- E S Pearson, Some reflections on continuity in the development of mathematical statistics 1890-94, Biometrika 54 (1967), 341-355.
- S M Stigler, The History of Statistics. The Measurement of Uncertainty before 1900 (Cambridge, Mass.-London, 1986), 265-.
- S M Stigler, Francis Galton's account of the invention of correlation, Statist. Sci. 4 (2) (1989), 73-79.