References for Lee Lorch
- C V Bagli, A New Light on a Fight to Integrate Stuyvesant Town, The New York Times (21 November 2010).
- R K Carr, Report of Committee A, 1958-59, AAUP Bulletin 45 (3) (1959), 385-399.
- A Cohen-Corwin, Yueh-Gin Gung and Dr. Charles Y. Hu Award to Lee Lorch for Distinguished Service to Mathematics, Amer. Math. Monthly 114 (3) (2007), 181-182.
- C Davis, The purge, in A century of mathematics in America, Part I (Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1988), 413-428
- M Gasman, Scylla and Charybdis: Navigating the Waters of Academic Freedom at Fisk University during Charles S Johnson's Administration (1946-1956), American Educational Research Journal 36 (4) (1999), 739-758.
- H M Gehman, Mathematical Association Resolution, Science, New Series 114 (2971) (1951), 621.
- B Herzog, A Life in Sum, Cornell Alumni Magazine (Thursday, 9 July 2009).
- P C Kenschaft, Black Men and Women in Mathematical Research, Journal of Black Studies 18 (2) (1987), 170-190.
- P C Kenschaft, Black women in mathematics in the United States, Amer. Math. Monthly 88 (8) (1981), 592-604.
- L Lorch, Real Professionalism, Science, New Series 133 (3445) (1961), 57.
- L Lorch, Discriminatory Practices, Science, New Series 114 (2954) (1951), 161-162.
- L Lorch, Yesterday, today and tomorrow, African Americans in mathematics, Piscataway, NJ, 1996 (Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1997), 157-168.
- L Lorch, Meetings and their context, in Celebrating 100 years of meetings: history and reminiscences, Talks presented at the Special Session 'Meetings of Mathematicians' held in Cincinnati, Ohio, January 1994 (American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1995).
- Lee Lorch, This is True (2 March 2014).
- Lee Lorch: citation for honorary life membership in ISAAC, Advances in analysis (World Sci. Publ., Hackensack, NJ, 2005), vii-viii.
- Lee Lorch: Biographical Information - March 1995, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University.
- D Margolick, Desegregation Activist Who Led Stuyvesant Town Effort, Dies at 98, The New York Times (1 March 2014).
- V Mayes, Lee Lorch at Fisk: A Tribute, Amer. Math. Monthly 83 (9) (1976), 708-711.
- S Ramsey, 'We Will Be Ready Whenever They Are': African American Teachers' Responses to the Brown Decision and Public School Integration in Nashville, Tennessee, 1954-1966, The Journal of African American History 90 (1/2) (Winter, 2005), 29-51.
- W Taylor and F W Fetter, Academic Freedom and Tenure: Fisk University, UUAP Bulletin 45 (1) (1959), 27-46.
- S W Williams, An Appreciation to Lee Lorch, The Mathematics Department, The State University of New York at Buffalo.
- York Professor Emeritus of mathematics Lee Lorch defied injustice, yFile, York University Daily News (5 March 2014).