References for Sun Zi
- L Y Lam and T S Ang, Fleeting footsteps : Tracing the conception of arithmetic and algebra in ancient China (River Edge, NJ, 1992).
- J-C Martzloff, A history of Chinese mathematics (Berlin-Heidelberg, 1997).
- J-C Martzloff, Histoire des mathématiques chinoises (Paris, 1987).
- A K Bag and K S Shen, Kuttaka and qiuyishu, Indian J. Hist. Sci. 19 (4) (1984), 397-405.
- E I Berezkina, Le traité mathématique de Sun-zi Suan-Jing (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. 13 (1960), 219-230.
- L Y Lam, A Chinese genesis : rewriting the history of our numeral system, Arch. Hist. Exact Sci. 38 (2) (1988), 101-108.
- L Y Lam, Correction for the article: 'A Chinese genesis : rewriting the history of our numeral system', Arch. Hist. Exact Sci. 39 (4) (1989), i.
- W M Li, A preliminary proof of Zi Sun's theorem and the art of solving congruences by Zong Xian Huang (Chinese), in Di Li (ed.), Collected research papers on the history of mathematics 3 (Chinese) (Hohhot, 1992), 112-116.
- K S Shen, Historical development of the Chinese remainder theorem, Arch. Hist. Exact Sci. 38 (4) (1988), 285-305.
- L Wang, The date of the Sunzi suanjing and the Chinese remainder theorem, in Proc. Tenth Internat. Conf. History of Science, 1962 (Paris, 1964), 489-492.
- X T Xu, Sun Zi suan jing ( Master Sun's arithmetical manual) was the original source for the 'leap forward and regress method of place determination' in the extraction of roots (Chinese), J. East China Norm. Univ. Natur. Sci. Ed. (1) (1987), 22-27.