References for Yang Hui
- H Peng-Yoke, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
See THIS LINK.
- L Y Lam, A critical study of the 'Yang Hui suan fa': a thirteenth-century Chinese mathematical treatise (Singapore, 1977).
- Lay Yong Lam, A Critical Study of the Yang Hui Suan Fa: A Thirteenth-Century Chinese Mathematical Treatise, translated from Chinese (1977).
- J-C Martzloff, A history of Chinese mathematics (Berlin-Heidelberg, 1997).
- J-C Martzloff, Histoire des mathématiques chinoises (Paris, 1987).
- Y Mikami, Mathematics in China and Japan (New York, 1961).
- J Needham, Science and Civilisation in China III (Cambridge, 1959).
- K Shen, J N Crossley and A W-C Lun, The nine chapters on the mathematical art : Companion and commentary (Beijing, 1999).
- G C Smith, S Radvansky and M Chiba, History of mathematics and related sciences : an annotated bibliography of sources held by Monash University Library (Clayton, 1992).
- G Abe, Magic squares that occur in Yang-Hui's mathematics (Japanese), Sugakushi Kenkyu 70 (1976), 11-32.
- A Hirayama, The year in which Takakazu Seki copied the 'Yang Hui Suanfa' (Japanese), Sugakushi Kenkyu 68 (1976), 1-2.
- J Needham, Yang Hui and the coming of Euclid, in J Needham, Science and civilisation in China Vol. 3 : Mathematics and the sciences of the heavens and the earth (New York, 1959), Chapter 6.
- A E Raik, The calculation of some volumes in the Old Chinese treatise 'Mathematics in nine books' (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. No. 14 (1961), 467-472.
- M K Siu, Pyramid, pile, and sum of squares, Historia Math. 8 (1) (1981), 61-66.
- K Q Sun, Hui Yang's triangle and determinant (Chinese), Sichuan Shifan Daxue Xuebao Ziran Kexue Ban 17 (4) (1994), 53-57.
- H A Sun, A note on computation of the area of a quadrilateral with different sides (Chinese), J. Liaoning Norm. Univ. Nat. Sci. 25 (3) (2002), 229-232.
- Yen Tun-chieh, A study of the mathematical books written by Yang Hui in the Sung period, in Discourses on the history of mathematics of the Sung and Yuan period (Peking 1966).
- L Y Yong, Yang Hui's commentary on the 'ying nu' chapter of the Chiu chang suan shu, Historia Math. 1 (1) (1974), 47-64.
- L Y Yong, The Jih yung suan fa: an elementary arithmetic textbook of the thirteenth century, Isis 63 (218) (1972), 370-383.
- A P Yushkevich, Studies in the history of mathematics in ancient China (Russian), Voprosy Istor. Estestvoznan. i Tekhn. (3) (1982), 125-136.
- A P Youschkevitch, Nouvelles recherches sur l'histoire des mathématiques chinoises, Rev. Histoire Sci. Appl. 35 (2) (1982), 97-110.
- L Y Yong, Yang Hui's commentary on the 'ying nu' chapter of the 'Chiu chang suan shu', Historia Math. 1 (1) (1974), 47-64.
- D M Zhou, 'A syllabus of mathematics' and Hui Yang's methodology of teaching mathematics (Chinese), J. Central China Normal Univ. Natur. Sci. 24 (3) (1990), 396-399.